Labneh cheesecake! Yummmm!! I’ve dabbled in adding a little labneh to cheesecake in the past, but retained a mostly cream cheese base. This time, I used Agora‘s labneh and Greek yogurt and went all in. These labneh and yogurt cheesecake bars are drizzled with a honey caramel- a caramel sauce made with no sugar at all! Just Agora honey! What a winning combination.
4 HRS chill 12 small
squares Easy -
For the crust:
1 cup graham cracker or digestive biscuit crumbs 120 g
1/4 cup butter, melted 60 g
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
For the cheesecake:
2 cups labneh, at room temperature 400 g
3/4 cup white sugar 150 g
6 tbsp milk, room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup Greek yogurt 120 g
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp all purpose flour
For optional honey caramel sauce:
1/4 cup butter 50 g
1/2 cup and 2 tbsp honey 200 g
1 cup heavy whipping cream 250 ml
- Heat oven to 180C. Combine crushed biscuits, melted butter, and cinnamon with a fork until crumbs are moistened evenly.
- Press along the bottom of a lightly greased 8 inch square pan.
- Bake crust for 8 minutes and set aside to cool slightly while you prepare the filling. Reduce heat to 325F (165C).
- Using a mixer, combine the labneh with the sugar in a large bowl and mix on medium speed until well combined and fluffy.
- Blend in the milk, then add the eggs one at a time, mixing briefly after each addition.
- Mix in Greek yogurt, vanilla and flour until smooth.
- Pour filling onto crust and bake 38-40 min until edges are set and center jiggles slightly.
- Cool at room temp for 30 min, then 4 hours or overnight in fridge.
Enjoy plain, or topped with honey caramel sauce (recipe below) and chopped pistachios.
Honey caramel (optional topping)
- Melt the butter and honey together in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until combined. Increase the heat slightly, and allow to simmer gently for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened and darkened in color.
- Add the cream, whisk to combine, and allow to just come to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Stir in the salt, and let stand for 5-10 minutes for the sauce to cool slightly.